Law Office of Jack I. Klein
P.O. Box 9353
Marietta, Georgia 30065
(770) 971- 0656
Call *24 HOURS*
Payment Plans Available
Marietta Cobb County Probation Revocation Lawyer
What constitutes a probation violation?
When a criminal defendant is on probation, he or she must follow the rules of the
probated sentence. If the defendant violates the terms of probation, a probation
violation occurs, which may result in a probation revocation and jailtime. Probation may
be violated in many ways; the most common types of probation violations are:
- Failure to pay
- Failure to appear
- Violation of terms of probation
- Violation of special conditions
- Violation of general conditions
- Failure to report to probation
- Committing crimes or being arrested
When Probation is Violated
An arrest warrant may issue thereafter, and the probationer may be ordered to appear
at a probation violation revocation hearing. There are several factors that the courts
consider when hearing a probation violation, including:
Consequences of Probation Violation Revocation
- The seriousness of the probation violation
- The nature of the probation violation
- The history of previous probation violations
- New criminal activity surrounding the probation violation
- Aggravating and mitigating circumstances of the probation violation
- The probation officer and/or probation department's view of the probation
If you have violated your probation, the court may order an amendment of your
probation terms, possible prison or jail time, and revocation of first offender status.
Jack I. Klein, Attorney At Law, is a probation violation lawyer located in Marietta,
Georgia, and represents clients in Cobb, Cherokee, Dekalb, Douglas, Fulton, and
Paulding Counties, including the municipalities of Acworth, Atlanta, Austell, Canton,
College Park, Dallas, Doraville, Douglasville, Hiram, Kennesaw, Marietta, Powder Springs,
Smyrna, Woodstock, and the entire metro Atlanta, Georgia area.
*The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice; you should contact the Law Office
of Jack I. Klein, Attorney at Law, Marietta, Georgia personally for individual advice regarding your own legal situation.
© 2009-2010 Law Office of Jack I. Klein, Marietta, Cobb County, Georgia. DUI and traffic ticket lawyer.